My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

I've found a place to be, here in Colorado. I am enjoying what comes my way while writing my head off in this crazy, chaotic life.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Phone Call I Can't Make

I went down the stairs.
I was going to call my mom.
Oops.
It was nice to have forgotten for a moment.
Not so nice to remember.
Overall, I'm doing okay.
I remember the strangest things about her though, things I thought I'd forgotten.

She used to dance with us.
Her favorite perfume was Emeraude when we were younger, Vanilla scents when we were older.
She liked "Bad Moon Rising' but never sang it right.
Very few understood how smart she really was.

Little things, little moments pop back into memory.
Sitting down in our little kitchen drinking coffee after school.
Going for walks.
Her laugh.
A winter vacation in Michigan.
Her love of lighthouses, quaint tourist town shops and vanilla lattes.
More and more little things come back.
But overall I'm doing okay.

1 Comments:

Blogger rennratt said...

I understand completely.

I went to visit my dad last week, and he had mum's perfume next to the computer.

He saw me looking at it and sighed. "Sometimes I just miss her smell" was all he said.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home